Tuesday, July 12, 2016

So, it's been awhile Now I live in Arizona Anthem to be exact Many life changes

Move complete.  Harrison is not happy here because he has no friends, and has met no one in our neighborhood his age.  At least he has his internship so he is busy all day, and is gaining valuable work experience.  I don't think he will ever forgive us for moving him away from his lifelong friends.  There is no way to change that.

I  just completed a 3 day hospital stay in the Epilepsy Clinic at St. Joesph's.  I was discharged after testing showed I was not having seizures, I am having "events".  one less medication, yay!
The testing had me hooked up with multiple electrodes in my head to track my brain waves.  I was essentially tethered to the bed.  I could not move unless a staff member came to help and I had to carry and fanny pack that held the controller to the wires in my head.  I was videotaped 24/7 and they took me off of my Vimpat cold turkey. My other medications were administered at lower dosages and not on my schedule.  A strobe light test was administered to see if a seizure could be triggered.  While an event occurred no seizure activity shown on the EEG.  Instead of the 5-7 days I only stayed Friday to Sunday afternoon.

Happy to be taken off Vimpatt the entire experience left me feeling broken.  My body and brain are fuzzy and I need to reset myself, as I say.  Walking is slow and my balance uneven, my speech comes and goes and I have no appetite.  Being in a totally different state without my support system leaves me feeling alone.  My trainer/friend Gina is concerned and I am closest to letting her in to this private world of mine.

It is hard to gather and communicate my thoughts, this is the best I can do for now.  My vision is so blurry typing is difficult.  I have been mis typing, and do not know how to use spell check on this new computer, so the delete button has been used throughout this entry.

I will end here because concentrating has become difficult and I really cannot see what I'm typing very easily.  My vision is blurry.

My one follower is my biggest cheerleader, my daughter, Lauren.  She encouraged me to start this blog.  I haven't written an entry since May 2015.  Maybe one day someone with start reading this and it will touch someone, until them maybe it is just an exercise for me to try and record my thoughts, feelings and experiences as my daughter intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment